Pulpo beard oils maybe some of the most uniquely scented oils out on the market. Jorge Montes, Pulpo, is the man behind these well crafted scents and the founder of this up and coming beard oil company. Pulpo was one of the first companies that reached out to me well over a year ago to have me try out some of his products. I️ graciously accepted knowing that I was going to have to give him some constructive feedback on all the products he sent me. Over time I️ tried out all of the scents and they got shelved due to a busy lifestyle and a growing podcast. I️ felt it was time to reach back out to Pulpo and hear the story, learn the reasons why and to finally give him the review that he and his product deserved.
I️ needed to entrusted a friend to handle all my product reviews under The Beardcaster name and branding. I️ want my name and reputation to be held in highest regard as someone who is detailed, trusted, and honest when it comes reviews and advice on products. Seeing as how I am but one man who focuses his time on his family, his podcast, events, and club involvement, I️ needed to find someone who I️ knew could help give me a super detailed, well trusted, thoughtful, and insightful review of whatever I️ sent their way, and feel confident to represent the “Beardcaster” name. I introduce you to Brandon King, fan, past guest, friend. Here is his fantastic review he did for us for Pulpo Beard Oils-
A Month w/ Pulpo Beard Oils
I know there are a lot of gentlemen out there looking for a beard oil that meets all the expectations of well...... being manly w/o the sacrifice in fragrance. In the coming months we hope to check out new, inventive, and creative companies that are going out of their way to bring you the freshest and most cutting edge in follicle stimulation. This past month I have been doing an intense product review of Pulpo Beard Oils Coconilla and Pina Orange. Below is how Pulpo stood up to our expectations:
With these two scents the first thing I noticed was how unique the smells were. The scents were quite refreshing, not to over powering, but just enough that at any point in the day my ADD kicked in wanting more, I got a little stimulation from the Socal sun or some wind coming from the coast. From some of the research I found about some of the ingredients, I was able to put the oils to more than one use. In the morning when I needed a pick me up I went to the Pina Orange, and at night when I wanted to come down from a long day of medical school I put on the Coconilla.
Absorption is one of the most important things when it comes to beard oil, b/c if the oils are not absorbed, then they are not doing what we want and that is to nourish the hair follicle and provide the best environment for GROWTH! Pulpo Beard Oil uses oils that are very easily absorbed, probably one of the best products I’ve tried as far as this aspect. No matter the oils size either the classic “dime” size, to when I got wild and crazy and used more, nothing was left in my hands.
If you reference my Beard Oil Facts Sheet, I spent some time looking into the ingredients that Pulpo Beard Oil Uses. You will not be disappointed with the quality as well as usage of each product that is included in their oils. Argon Oil is probably one of the best oils from what I can find and has a high absorption rate.
The Pulpo Beard Oil Company design has changed some over the last couple of years, but the iconic Pulpo Octopus is one of the most recognizable Bearding logos I have ever come across. I absolutely love the logo, it pops off the screen, and its something they should be extremely proud of. Its badass!!
- What can I say about Pulpo Beard Oils? I wish I had the words to say it all in. They simply blew my socks off. I have been wanting to try this company out for over 2 years. I’m extremely thankful that I had a opportunity to do so, and share it with you all. If your on a journey looking for a high quality oil and don’t have the time or energy to try oil after oil, let your curiosity follow the iconic octopus over to pulpobeardoils.com. Their hair follicle stimulating high quality argon oil, unique scents, and outstanding customer service will get your beard up to par, and ready to take on any competition. If you don’t believe me ask Nate “Chops” Johnson who placed #1 in Sideburns Freestyle at the 2017 World Beard and Mustache Championship in Austin Texas. In all we set the bar extremely high for our future reviews by giving Pulpo Beard oil 5 stars.
- Enjoy -
- Often called ‘liquid gold’, argan oil is an organic product extracted from the kernels of the argon tree, which is native to Morocco. It is extremely rich in beneficial nutrients including fatty acids and vitamin E. Its properties make it particularly beneficial for the hair and skin
- Argan oil is proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier. It is the ideal hair conditioner, and it can even help to treat split ends and tame frizzy hair.
- Due to its ability to tame frizz and give hair shine, argan oil is also commonly used as a styling agent. It makes hair more manageable and adds a healthy, attractive shine to any hair style.
- Other uses:
- acne, protection and healing, stretch marks, foot/hand/nail treatment,
lip moisturizer, dry skin conditions and anti-aging.
- Castor oil is derived from the seeds of the Ricinus communis that grow wild in wastelands across tropical regions. It is often grown as an ornamental garden plant in milder climates, and now cultivated on a large scale for biodiesel manufacture.
- Castor oil has been around for a very long time, and has been widely used for medicinal purposes in its native lands spread across Africa, the Indian subcontinent and the Mediterranean basin. It is one of the first vegetable oils to be used for industrial purposes because of its high viscosity and lubricating property. In fact, the automotive lubricant company Castrol derives its name from castor oil.
- According to North Carolina State University:
- castor oil is detoxifying and helps to break up oils on the face that clog glands and pores.
-castor oil can also help to cleanse the skin of dead skin cells that are clogging the sebaceous glands. Rubbing castor oil on your face helps to pull out impurities in the pores.
- Organic Facts reports:
- that castor oil contains a compound called undercylenic acid, which can help to disinfect the skin and even kill bacteria that cause skin conditions such as acne.
- castor oil can be very moisturizing and can even soften dry skin and rough age spots.
- Other Uses:
- relieves muscle soreness, joint pain, treats fungal infections,
- Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer that is beneficial to restoring dry or flaking skin. Unlike your average moisturizer that contains a lot of water and likely synthetic ingredients, coconut oil helps to strengthen skin tissue more deeply and eliminate dead skin cells while absorbing quickly into your skin.
- Coconut oil also helps to delay the occurrence of wrinkles because it contains antioxidant Vitamin E, known to protect skin cells from damage over time. The Vitamin E found in coconut oil soothes eczema, sunburn and psoriasis, and its antiviral and anti- fungal benefits even help to treat bug bites.
- Coconut oil contains 3 fatty acids: capric acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid. Each of these acids kill candida, a common cause of fungal infection on your skin.
-A systematic administration of vanilla essential oil to patients suffering from impotence, erectile dysfunction, frigidity, or loss of libido can relieve them of their problems. This oil stimulates the secretion of certain hormones like testosterone and estrogen which help bring about normal sexual behavior and promotes sexual arousal.
-The essential oil of vanilla soothes the body in innumerable ways. It soothes all types of inflammation and hyperactivity in the systems of the body, including the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, nervous and excretory systems. It reduces inflammation stemming from fever, as well as convulsions, anxiety, stress and hypersensitivity to allergens.
- Orange is a staple aromatherapy oil for creating a bright, uplifting and invigorating ambiance.
- Orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil is a time-tested remedy going back thousands of years. The people of China, India, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean have used orange for easing coughs and colds and for cleansing and purification rituals. They have also used it for improved digestion, skin problems, cleaning, lifting depression, and even for its aphrodisiac qualities!
- anti-cancer, anti-fungal, immune boosting, anti-bacterial, promotes good digestion, skin cleansing and anti-aging, reduces blood pressure, and pain relieving
- the presence of vitamin C (thus, the tartness) in pineapples enables this fruit to be used, internally as well as externally, as a cure for acne and other inflammatory skin conditions. Also, bromelain, the anti-inflammatory enzyme in this fruit, boosts the healing power of vitamin C
- There are many skin benefits that include some of the following: solution for acne, anti- aging, exfoliation, helped prevents cracking, strengthen hair, hydration, prevents hair loss, anti-inflammation, and can help hair thicken
- Other Uses:
- Reduces inflammation in joints, has cancer preventing properties, boosts the body’s immune system, effective at treating colds and coughs, protects against constipation and IBS, and helps speed up the healing of cuts and wounds
The Beardcaster and Pulpo Beard Oils have teamed up to give away a couple prize packs, all you need to do is click below to enter to win!!! Pulpo has also given Beardcaster fans a coupon code to get 15% off their order at Pulpo Beard Oils, use code : thebeardcaster to get your discount!
As always-TELL YOUR FRIENDS, SHARE THIS PODCAST!!!
-Help me grow this community of spectacular people and all the wonderful things they are doing for their community! Getting the word out helps every club, every event, every charity we all work so hard to help!
My name is Brandon King and I am a Chiropractic Student here in sunny, way to hot all the time Southern California. I am originally from Birmingham, Alabama where I lived for around 24-25 yrs. Living here I graduated from Auburn University. After school I moved to Greenville, South Carolina where I met my wife, and where we had our first girl named Peyton. Living in Greenville was pretty awesome, but my feeling to become more than a what I was at the time brought me to where I am now. It was in my 3rd term of Chiropractic school that we were blessed with our second girl Emerson. Between being a husband and Dad to two little girls most my time is spent driving to class near L.A.. Class is pretty intense studying chiropractic in hopes to become a doctor and help people live a pain free lifestyle. My bearding curiosity came to be around 2 years ago when after avoiding shaving, and being lazy, I began my quest into facial hair and follicle stimulation. I found a podcast in its beginning stages, made a awesome friend with Scott Sykora. Once in contact with Scott the bearding became real and now you know a little about me. In this section I hope to submit extensive reviews of bearding products. My pursuit is find what makes bearding oil so “awesome”. I hope to give you an in depth look into the ingredients, what they do for you, and your beard. I will leave you with some knowledge so that you can go out in your pursuit of growing the gnarliest beard that every man in your local area will envy.